BlueHost has been a leading web hosting service provider for many years. Now, in addition to shared hosting, BlueHost is offering dedicated hosting. This is pretty big news for webmasters that are ready to make the switch from a shared hosting or VPS (Virtual Private Server) hosting plan to full dedicated web hosting. The fact that this dedicated hosting plan is backed by one of the most reliable web hosts in the industry just makes the decision to switch even easier. Just knowing that you are with a company that has many years of experience in the industry and a reliable infrastructure with hardware that is up-to-date and works all the time will provide you peace of mind. Making the switch to a dedicated server isn’t always an easy decision. Read our BlueHost Dedicated Hosting review to see if this is the best web hosting option for your current hosting needs.
What is Dedicated Hosting?
Dedicated hosting is different from shared hosting or VPS hosting in the sense that an entire server is used by only one client. There are a number of options when it comes to dedicated hosting for instance, a webmaster may lease or rent the server from a company (like BlueHost) who will still do all the physical care of the server and may even offer (for an additional fee) to maintain the server – do basic upgrades, software installation, maintain firewalls, backups, and security settings. In this circumstance, if you choose self-managed dedicated hosting, the web host will still house the server in their warehouse and will maintain the physical aspect of the server but you will have all admin rights and privileges to maintain the software and other functional aspects of the dedicated server. In contrast, some webmasters may choose to purchase a dedicated server and find a local datacenter in which to house the server. In such cases be sure to visit the datacenter personally to be sure that it is maintained, secured, and cooled properly. You will also want to find out what access you will have, what/if any help or support the datacenter offers and the software and hardware support that is available. Most likely in this situation you will be completely responsible for maintaining the hardware and software, other than the basic physical environment.
BlueHost Dedicated Hosting
BlueHost dedicated hosting is like the first type of dedicated hosting we talked about in that BlueHost owns and maintains the dedicated servers and the datacenter environment, providing the best components and software in a stable environment where BlueHost engineers monitor and maintain all the servers 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. In addition, BlueHost uses cloud technology to keep your service available and running at optimal performance all the time and to provide each webmaster with continual upgrades and enhancement options so that as your server needs grow and expand you will have the ability to meet those needs. Let’s take a look at some of the features specific to BlueHost dedicated hosting.
- Instant Provisioning – with many dedicated hosting programs it takes a minimum of 1-2 business days for your server to be configured and ready to use, but with BlueHost dedicated hosting the server is already configured and ready to go, you will have access in seconds instead of hours or days.
- Root Access – server management tools include complete access and control over the server and operating system.
- Enhanced cPanel – In addition to all the tools you are used to with shared hosting , this enhanced panel has additional features for managing the server and operating system.
- Mirrored Storage – All of your dedicated hosting account information will automatically be protected and backed up with RAID 1 protection.
- Enhanced Caching – BlueHost dedicated hosting provides higher performance with write-back caching that has its own RAM. Write-back caching is thought to yield better performance because it reduces the number of times the main memory is being updated with write operations.
- Other perks include the option for storage upgrades – add 500 GB, 1 TB, or 2 TB whenever you need it, dedicated support – BlueHost has a dedicated support line specifically for dedicated hosting customers, and an anytime money-back guarantee – you are never locked into a contract and can get a refund for any unused portion of the funds you have paid if you cancel at anytime during the subscription period.
BlueHost Dedicated Hosting Pricing
There are three BlueHost dedicated hosting plans to choose from. All plans are currently 50% off for the first month – providing you with a very affordable option for trying out the dedicated hosting service to determine if this is the right web hosting plan for your needs. Regular prices start out at $149.99 per month for the Standard plan, $199.99 per month for the Enhanced plan, and $249.99 per month for the Premium plan. All three dedicated servers come standard with the Xeon Processor, a free domain name, and the CentOS 6.4 operating system. Each plan differs in the amount of RAM and system resources allowing each webmaster to select the plan that will best meet his/her individual needs.
Visit their site to learn more about the BlueHost dedicated hosting options. Current BlueHost customers can easily upgrade to the dedicated hosting plan through the current control panel, this will automatically allow all data and domains to be migrated to the new hosting account without any extra work from the webmaster. Check it out and get started today!